Sunday, March 22, 2009

VINTAGE GALORE


I know...I'm awful -- it's been 12 days since my last entry. Not okay!! 
But I have a good excuse: I moved. It was a painful process, and I'm actually still not completely unpacked. So please, cut me some slack.

Taking a break from settling in, I took a trip to one of my favorite finds in Carroll Gardens -- UNION MAX.
Located at 110 Union Street in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, this mother/daughter-owned shop is a jewelry designer and vintage lover's dream. 
 
There is antique jewelry just about everywhere you look, and their unconventional ways of displaying it (like on a grid against the wall) make your experience there even more fun. 

I LOVE thrift store shopping.  I would say I'm addicted to feeling of rummaging through things to find something spectacular.  But it's kind of nice when all the junk has been edited out and the only thing available is the good stuff. That's what it's like there.

 




They specialize in beads, but I really like their unique selection of clasps and hardware. They carry styles you don't see in an average bead shop.



In addition to beads and jewelry, Union Max carries clothing, shoes, handbags and kitchy home goods. A lot of their customers are stylists, designers and store owners that will resell their goods. The prices are reasonable, more expensive than the average Goodwill but cheaper than the overpriced shi-shi Manhattan thrift store.

Offering a little bit of everything, this place is worth crossing over the BQE for.



No comments:

Post a Comment