Monday, March 2, 2009

FENTON and MONIQUE LHUILLIER


This blog will primarily be about jewelry.  However, if I'm just as interested in something else (which I often am), I will definitely let you know. For example: Monique Lhuillier's nod to the ballerina that brought me back to my youth.


Monique Lhuillier's Fall 2009 show was fittingly entitled Modern Ballet Russes. The collection consists of dresses made of tulle,  silk jersey and brocade in muted colors. But it's her edgy play on layering that takes the elegant line to a more modern level. The ripped tights worn as undershirts (see below) and dramatic jewelry by Fenton were unique theatrical additions.


I used to do this to my tights when I danced.  Here's how to get the look:
  • Buy a pair of black sheer hosiery
  • Cut off the feet [this turns the legs into sleeves]
  • Remove the crotch (sorry, there's no better way to say it!!) [this is now the opening for your head]
Voila! You now have a cool undershirt. The material will quickly run, but don't worry, the more runs the better!


I love how jewelry designer Dana Lorenz  pairs chains with pearls and rhinestones to make twisting, eye-catching pieces. Her statement necklaces brought out a little rock-n-roll in the graceful models. Check out her entire collection at Fenton.com.

Represented by Agent 011.

No comments:

Post a Comment