Wednesday, November 18, 2009

BEHIND THE SCENES: LIA SOPHIA

Last night I attended the Lia Sophia soiree on the rooftop of Gramercy Park Hotel. Swanky! The perfect locale for the unveiling of their latest collection, Midnight II. I had the chance to interview designer Dani Stahl and get some great bauble wearing tips from her. But first take a gander at the line: 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really like the predominantly black pieces, with their pops of color and bling. They're a bold change from traditional gold or silver.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Can the girl take a picture or what? Lia Sophia designer Dani (below) has captured the attention of the fashion savvy with her stylish twists on trends.

Photobucket

And I had the pleasure to interview her.

Accessory Source: Did you ever expect to have such a big celerity following?
Dani Stahl: I design the Red Carpet collection for Lia Sophia, so having celebrities don the jewelry was the goal and purpose. But of course there was the possibility that no one would want to wear it, so, yes, it's exciting to see!

AS: What are your inspirations for the line?
DS: My mom.

AS: Why your mom?
DS: She has the most excellent taste in jewelry. Growing up I watched how she wore it and put it all together. Now I have access to her ginormous collection.

AS: How do you feel about matching jewelry sets?
DS: All in how you wear it. Generally, I don't like anything that matches -- for me, it's all about mix 'n' matching.

AS: How about mixing metals?
DS: Obsessed!

AS: What can you tell me about proportions. Like if you wear big earrings, can you wear a big necklace?
DS: I have a point system. You can't wear too many points. So, for example, if I wear a ton of bracelets, I can't wear huge earrings, or if I wear a bunch of big rings, I won't wear an oversize necklace. My only exception is hoops and long necklaces.

Great advice, don't ya think? Thanks, Dani! 

No comments:

Post a Comment