Friday, September 11, 2009

FASHION'S NIGHT OUT

Last night I attended a few "Fashion's Night Out" soirées. 
When the invitations first started coming in, I thought, 
"What is this Fashion's Night Out, and why are all the 
designers having an event on the same evening?" I quickly 
realized the point was to celebrate the start of fashion week and, 
more importantly, to drive sales. Many designers opened pop-up stores, 
offered discounts, gave an item free with purchase, had celebrity 
attendees, and kept the bubbly flowing, all to bring people in.
I spent most of the evening at Edmundo Castillo. The invite said 
look for the Winnebago located on Bond and Bowery. 
At first I was at the wrong party. Who knew there would be 
two Winnies on Bond?!!! This one was making tacos. Ha!
I quickly realized I wasn't in the right place and kept walking. 
I found the right Winnebago (it actually was a location van), 
and the party was inside. 

I'm not sure if overall designers profited financially from the evening. 
There seemed to be a lot of drinking/socializing and little buying. 
But if the goal was to have fashionable people out and about, 
then mission accomplished! Stylelistas were everywhere!

These were my souvenirs from the evening. 
I have to figure out how to tie them to optimize their beauty.

Edmundo autographed them for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment