Wednesday, February 17, 2010

RECYCLABLE SHOES

A few years ago, it was love at first sight for me and Melissa Plastic Dreams. The idea of having stylish shoes that can be worn in the rain really appealed to me. Fast forward to present day and I just happen to live around the corner from a boutique that carries the largest selection! Coincidence? I think not!

Epaulet on Smith Street in Brooklyn stocks their shelves with Melissa exclusives! Yes, exclusives! Take a look at some of my favorites:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The wings are detachable.

Photobucket

I ♥ Vivienne Westwood's designs for the brand, like the pair below.

Photobucket

These bronze bombers are spray painted like the body of a car. Reminds me of nail polish because the color changes at different angles.

Photobucket

Cutest rain boot ever!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Adorable.

Photobucket


My only complaint? They aren't made in half sizes. So if you're a true half size like me, not every style fits. It's a heart breaker.

Jean Paul Gaultier is the latest designer to announce a partnership with Melissa. Aaaamazing! I can't wait to see what other fashion icons will contribute to the eco brand.

You can check out the whole collection at Epaulet.com, or if you're in Brooklyn, I recommend stopping in to meet the stores proprietors Mike and Adele. It's worth the trip.


4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the shoes with the gold baubles on the front. Does the plastic breathe at all?
    xoxox
    Carly

    http://chicsteals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the strappy bronze heels. What a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the grey ones with the gold baubles. Nice blog as well:-) x

    ReplyDelete